quinta-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2010

África minha

Cheguei à conclusão que todos os meus filmes favoritos se passam em África, dentro do mesmo género, com a mesma fotografia.

"Out of África"

"If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?"

" The English Patient"

"My darling. I'm waiting for you. How long is the day in the dark? Or a week? The fire is gone, and I'm horribly cold. I really should drag myself outside but then there'd be the sun. I'm afraid I waste the light on the paintings, not writing these words. We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we've entered and swum up like rivers. Fears we've hidden in - like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body. Where the real countries are. Not boundaries drawn on maps with the names of powerful men. I know you'll come carry me out to the Palace of Winds. That's what I've wanted: to walk in such a place with you. With friends, on an earth without maps. The lamp has gone out and I'm writing in the darkness. "


"The Constant Garner"

Tim Donohue: "Leave this Justin. Go home. "

Justin Quayle: "I can't go home. Tessa was my home"






Oh dear, estou cá uma lamechas.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário